We got to play with all the BEN-AMUN baubles and try on the Dana-Maxx Spring collection. I would have tried on the whole gorgeous collection if the room wasn’t full of people. Beside me and the blogger babes, other attendees included Alicia Quarles of E! News, Leslie Birkland of Big Rich Texas, and Emma Kenney of Shameless. The party was popping with champagne, cupcakes, make-overs, and manis! I just wanted to check out all the clothes and jewelry.
- Established in 2007 by designer Dana-Maxx Pomerantz
- She graduated from FIT and went on to work for Betsy Johnson and Marc Jacobs before launching her own line
- Not only is she talented, but Dana-Maxx gives back to the community by volunteering. She is on the commitee for the DRIF (Diabetes Research Institute Foundation) and the National Hemophilia Foundation as well as a mentor for the Adopt-a-Student Program at the High School of Fashion Industries. She is my kind of lady!
- Established in the early 1980s by designer Isaac Manevitz
- He works with unusual materials such as lucite, pewter, glass and crystal to create statement jewelry or “wearable art” – You KNOW I’m all about the LUCITE goodness!
- BEN-AMUN recently became the first fashion brand to create an exclusive jewelry collection for the Metropolitan Museum of Art and other collaborations included design and production of jewelry for Oscar de la Renta, Michael Kors and Tory Burch.
Here’s a preview of the upcoming Dana-Maxx Fall / Winter 2013 collection. Isn’t it FABULOUS? They were inspired by Georgia O’Keefe’s paintings in New Mexico focusing on the colors nude, sunflower, pumpkin, ice cave blue, mulberry, and midnight.