Today we’re talking all about simple style swaps! Have you ever seen someone and thought “I love that outfit, and it’s so simple!” yet you wonder if it’s something you will be able to replicate yourself? Well, elevating your personal style is easier than you think! Learning how to dress better simply means making a few subtle and strategic choices when planning your outfit. Best of all, most of you will already have the required items in our closets, so there’s no need to go out and spend a fortune on new clothing! Most of the items that you’ll see me wearing have all been shopped from my own closet. Just style them in the right way, and you’ll have new and elevated looks. Take a look below for an easy example!
How to Dress Better with Simple Style Swaps
I will never downplay the simplicity of a nice sweater paired with some jeans and sneakers! This is a great outfit for running errands, relaxing around the house, or any other daily outing. The sweater is an old J. Crew Crewneck from my closet that is a great fashion staple piece and super cozy (very similar to this cashmere sweater). Paired with these adorable Madewell vintage jeans, golden goose sneakers, and a fab Rolex watch to top it off, this outfit is simple, comfortable, and cute. But if I wanted to elevate this look, all I have to do is shop my closet and make a few simple swaps. Check out the “improved” look below to see the difference!
The Elevated Look
Now this is an elevated look! Let’s break down the simple changes I made:
- I’m wearing the same cashmere sweater but I added a white tee underneath to add some dimension. TIP: Wear the shirt backward to ensure the tee peeks through the top!
- I swapped out the jeans for some super chic pleated wide-leg trousers from Target (similar to these cute trousers) that are super comfy and easy to dress up or down.
- I swapped out the sneakers for these chic Inez black suede booties that I absolutely love
- I added a cute little Hermes belt to break up the black between the shirt and pants
- Now for my favorite part: Accessories! I styled this look with a cute Lily & Bean mini bag, a gold ring, a Bracha necklace layered with an elegant choker, a beautiful gold Julie Vos bangle with a hinge cuff, and some teardrop earrings!
- Keeping the fashion “Rule of 3s” in mind, I also added an old Max Mara weekend coat from my closet (similar to this one).
- The brown coat paired with the black shirt and trousers is a classic and sophisticated color combination
That’s it! With just a few key changes, this outfit went from everyday casual to elevated boss lady! Just remember, transforming your wardrobe and elevating your style doesn’t require a complete overhaul. You can express yourself through your fashion choices and make a lasting impression without sacrificing comfort or breaking the bank. Just shop your closet, make a few simple style swaps, and you can effortlessly enhance your fashion game!
WHAT SWAPS WOULD YOU MAKE TO LEARN HOW TO DRESS BETTER?
Happy Friday GlamFam! The kids are off today so we are headed to the trampoline park! The young ones are ready to get some energy out, so I’ll keep this update short.
I feel like I’ve been recovering from our 2 events last weekend! LOL! I’m not used to going out that much! #introvertproblems
I’ve got some big news coming up next week! Stay tuned. (HINT: it’s a launch that I’ve mentioned before!)
Thank you so much for stopping by and supporting SOS!
CHECK OUT MY LTK SHOP HERE TO SHOP ALL OF MY INSTAGRAM LOOKS!
// STAY CONNECTED //