It’s the most wonderful and magical time of the year. This year, more than ever, most of us are looking forward to the holidays! Can you believe we are less than 3 weeks away from the holidays? This is when I normally get stressed out thinking about what to get for everyone on the list. However, I’m not doing it this year because there’s enough other stuff to stress about, and I got some help at Neiman Marcus from a gift advisor! Instead, I’m sharing my shopping tips and holiday gift guide for 2020 to help you!
Photography // Angie Garcia Photo
HOLIDAY SHOPPING TIPS
MAKE A LIST & CHECK IT TWICE
Santa makes a list, and he’s the expert on gift giving! LOL! We should definitely follow his lead! Make a list of everyone that you need to shop for and keep it on your phone (in the Notes app or something similar). We all carry our phones with us so you will always have the list when you need it. As you get each present, you can check it off or delete it as you go. Try to be as complete as possible! Don’t forget your mailman, teachers, etc. Also, buffer in 1-3 extra “generic” gifts in addition JUST IN CASE someone is forgotten by mistake.
PLAN YOUR SHOPPING TRIPS AHEAD
If you can find a place where you get everyone checked off, then go there first! Nowadays, with my youngest in tow everywhere, I TRY (try is the keyword) to be efficient when I have to shop in-store. I love Neiman Marcus because they have gifts for everyone on the list at all price ranges. Did you know they even carry gourmet foods?
Speaking of food, don’t forget about snacks/lunch if you DO have a little one with you! I had snacks but it took us a little longer to get done, and she was getting hANGRY! I was SO HAPPY that the Neiman Marcus cafe had re-opened. We enjoyed a delicious lunch there which was so convenient too, and we both got what we wanted. She got chef-made chicken tenders, and I got the crab salad. It was a win-win for everyone!
When shopping in-store, make sure you know their store policy about masks so you feel safe. Neiman Marcus requires a mask for entry into the store, and there are hand sanitizers and extra masks at the entrances.
TRY A GIFT ADVISOR
Have you ever used a gift advisor? To be honest, I didn’t know they existed until this year when holiday shopping at Neiman Marcus! A gift advisor is FREE for any customer and can be utilized online or in-store. This is how it went…
I filled out an online quiz that took less than five minutes so my shopping needs could be assessed out then I was matched with a gift advisor, Alice Moore. She met us at the store and found something for everyone in the family. I wanted some unique ideas especially for Mr. S because he is the hardest one to shop for in the family. She gathered those in a dressing room for us and also brought us around the store to point out some other fabulous gift ideas for friends, etc.
My youngest was with me (#COVIDlife) and she LOVED a lot of the children’s selections that Alice picked out. Obviously, she knows what she’s doing! It was really helpful to have her knowledge because she gave me some ideas that I would never have considered. For example, in the cozy gifting area, she shows me the Chantecaille rose water spray. It’s lovely for your face, but I never considered spraying it on your pillowcase before bedtime! Sounds AAHH-MAAZING and like such a thoughtful gift for a friend.
Anyhow, it was lovely working with a gift advisor and I will definitely be using one again next year!
ORDER ONLINE & PICK UP CURBSIDE
If you can’t make it in-store, then order online and have it delivered OR you can pick it up curbside! This is also free to all customers and gives you an option if you are trying to hide presents from peeking eyes! :)
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2020
And now, I get to share all the fun stuff! Here is my Neiman Marcus holiday gift guide 2020! They even have gifting personas (like the collector, the consummate entertainer, etc.) to help you find the perfect present! If you tuned into my Holiday Hour Zoom, then some may seem familiar! You will be amazed at all the people you can shop for on the list! In the above photos, I’m doing a little holiday shopping in my favorite departments, shoes and handbags. When I get my list done, I’m sure that I can find a little something for myself! ;) LOL!
And DON’T FORGET how easy it is to purchase a gift card so the recipient has the pleasure of choosing something they’d love at Neiman Marcus!
- Rainbow Bling Wireless Karaoke Machine *sell out risk* – My youngest IMMEDIATELY asked me to get this for her!
- Faux Pearl Bag – love it for me too!
- Dinosaur Bingo – My son is 7 years old and would LOVE this!
- Dylan’s Candybar Gingerbread House – our kids loved this last year & it was a fun experience for the family
- Books to Bed PJ set – SO awesome because they are PJs with a matching book
- Akola Build Your Own Bracelet Set – I got this for my Goddaughter as a birthday present in the past. It’s great for older girls.
FRIENDS & FAMILY
- Carl or Carla drinking chocolate snowman – THIS one is so FUN! You use Carl to make hot chocolate. As Carl melts, you’ll see the marshmallows come out of the belly. The kids LOVE it!
- Popover Mix + 6-cup tin – I want this for myself! Who can resist a popover!
- Neiman Marcus Subversive sponges – Very funny and fab for $15
- Avocado Vase – super cool, modern, and minimalistic
- Pill Box – so good especially for now as we take vitamins & supplements for self-care
- Tons of Epicure items to send to friends/family
- Neiman Marcus cashmere wrap *sell out risk* – easy because it’s luxe and is one size fits all
- SLIP silk mask – I purchased one of these and they are WONDERFUL. The nose bridge and ear loops are adjustable & it comes with additional nose wires and silicone stoppers. I wore it for almost a whole day and it didn’t cause my skin to break out or get super dry (like my other ones). It’s definitely worth it!
- Budha Girl bangles – these are a favorite because they are lightweight, waterproof, and so comfy.
- Bottega Veneta bag – for that someone special.
- The Art of the Bath Set by milk + honey – I’m very biased because I LOVE this brand, but I think they create the BEST bath products. This is self-care in a box!
- Tata Harper set – perfect starter set if someone wants to try clean beauty and wonderful for travel
- Eberjey Lounge Top and Pant Set + Slipper Socks
- Common Projects Sneaker – an elevated sneaker that can be casual or a little dressy
- Neiman Marcus x TSE cashmere sweater – This is made of recycled cashmere and perfect for lounging at home but chic enough to go out in.
- Gucci slides – easy enough to wear at home or out, but a little more elevated and not too Gucci ;)
- Decanter set – perfect for the whiskey or bourbon drinker
- OBLIO wireless charging station w/built-in UV sanitizer *sell out risk* – I want to get this for our house!
- Gold Watch Mug – fun and quirky for the coffee and/or tea lover
- 5-pack Neiman Marcus face mask – he can coordinate with his clothes
- Jack Black Skin Savors set
Thank you so much for stopping by and supporting SOS!
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM SHOP HERE TO SHOP ALL OF MY INSTAGRAM LOOKS!
// STAY CONNECTED //