Happy Monday Loves! Today is Green Monday, typically the last day to order online to receive gifts by Christmas time. (This day must have been invented BEFORE Amazon Prime! LOL!) And can you believe it?! We are half-way to Christmas! Where did December go?!??
The art of gifting is such a delicate balance between love and stress! We want to give our loved ones something they want/need/cherish but the act of getting it (on time, the right thing, etc.) can be overwhelming. And it seems like in this day and age, there are SO MANY OPTIONS! So many retailers. So many gift guides. So many EVERYTHING!
THE STYLE Rx: Being kind is always in style. It is better to give than receive.
I thought it would be refreshing to put together a gift guide of items that GIVE BACK. It is better to give than receive. And this would be a way to do it two-fold! By the way, everything shown is less than $100!
ACCOMPANY // This online retailer is a newer discovery, and I’m literally OBSESSED with the curated pieces they carry from all over the world. Items are sourced are ethical/responsibly made from a community trying to benefit humanitarian or philanthropic causes.
CABI // Y’all know I love this brand, and they just finished offering buy one, give two where they donate two garments to a woman in need for every one purchased. Even when they don’t have a “special”, CABI gives back in so many ways. One of my favorite programs that they participate in is the W.E. are CABI is a program that benefits other women entrepreneurs around the globe. For every new CABI stylist, they donate a small business loan in her name to a woman entrepreneur in a developing country. The beauty of that is the dignity. The person receiving the loan is paying it back, and it’s not given as charity. So, she is building something for herself and her family.
ABLE // This is another local brand that I’m cray cray about that I talked about in my Mom Life vs Blogger Life post! Right now, they are offering 20% off sitewide! I have their boyfriend jeans and these cool silver/gold earrings (hello metal mixing to the max) in my cart!
NORDSTROM // I love it when mass retailers do something to give back. Nordstrom carries lines that do just and here’s a little about each one.
- S’well donates a portion of the proceeds from the sale of each bottle to UNICEF to help provide clean drinking water to children around the world.
- With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for One®.
- As part of State’s Give.Back.Pack. Program, for each Kane sold, they’ll hand-deliver a backpack—full of essential tools for success—to an American child in need. Buy one, give one.
- When you buy Treasure & Bond, Nordstrom will donate 2.5% of net sales (that’s 5% of net profits) to organizations that work to empower youth i.e. YWCA.
- For every doll purchased, cuddle + kind will donate 10 meals to children in need in the USA and around the world through the following giving-partner organizations: World Food Program USA, Children’s Hunger Fund, Breakfast Club of Canada and WE Charity School Nutrition Program.
PURPOSE JEWELRY // One of my best friends gave me a necklace and ring from them for my 40th birthday. I LOVE this brand. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT (100%) of proceeds go to International Sanctuary benefiting girls and women escaping human trafficking to assist women rescued with medical and dental care, education, counseling, loans, and employment.
BTW, I’ve also updated my Shopping Guide on the Navigation Bar! In addition to the past gift guides, I’ve updated the UNDER $50 and UNDER $100 gift guides too!
Happy Monday Loves! Today is a really busy day! I’m flying out to Florida tomorrow with the Chic at Every Age gals for a very special project! Can’t wait to share it with y’all soon! Also trying to get the house fixed up before my mom gets into town. It looks like a tornado hit it! We’ve got Christmas decorations everywhere (i.e. on the floor) and the house is A BIG MESS!! Wish me luck to get all the cleaning, grocery shopping, and packing done!