The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Public Access started on Friday! If you have the Nordstrom Card, then I hope y’all have been able to take advantage and shop the sale early. Public sale goes from July 21st to August 6th. Things go quickly, but there are so many great staple items on sale. I got the front-split denim skirt (in above picture) last year during the NSale!
We were in Seattle (the birthplace of Nordstrom) for Mr. S’s work, and I visited the original Nordstrom location for a Dressing Room Diary for the Early Access Sale. I only got to show you the clothes since I ran out of time when Mr. S and the littles showed up! However, I went back and got a few more goodies and was able to “touch and see” items in person. I’ve also ordered and reordered some pieces already (being your Guinea Pig), so I’m sharing my top 5 from each category!
Here we go from HEAD to TOE:
BEAUTY PRESCRIPTION //
- Last year, I mentioned the NeuLash lash duo. This stuff really works, and the two tubes last a long time! I finished just a couple of months before the latest Anniversary sale. Of course, I purchased it again! It’s basically two tubes for the price of one ($150 valued at $245)!!
- I’ve mentioned RMS Beauty before (mentioned here, here, and here), and they have a Glowing trio set for $80 ($124 value) where you get the luminizer, Magnetic eye polish, and Demure lip2cheek. (Magnetic is a taupe eyeshadow with silver undertones, and Demure is a soft pink.) It’s one of my favorite organic makeup brands and such a great set. BTW, you’ll also get a GWP that included a deluxe sample of unpowder and two beauty wipes!
- If you aren’t aware, I’m a HUGE fan of Aveda and have been for years! They have a great hair essentials collection for $39 ($68 value) with my fave Shampure shampoo and conditioner. I wish my house smelled like Aveda (and sometimes it does when I burn the candle)!
- RODIN is a brand that I’ve recently started using (have the lipstick in So Mod and Winks) and her luxury face oil + hand creme are in a set for $120 ($254 value). Linda Rodin used to be a fashion editor at Harpar Bazaar’s and has styled celebrities like Gisele and Halle Berry. She developed this line as a solution to her own needs to find something simple and effective for the skin.
- Maybe it’s because I’m getting older, but I’ve starting looking into “gadgets” that help my skin. Recently, I was introduced to the GloPro Microneedling Tool. This “at home” micro-needling device punctures the dermis causing it to repair itself and decrease lines and wrinkles. I purchased it in May but haven’t used it consistently (because I was trying a new skin care line and wanted to see how it worked on it’s own). Anyhow, this is a great value at $163 ($244 value) since the device alone cost $199! I wish I would have gotten it for this deal!
STYLE PRESCRIPTION //
- FRAME Le Nouveau Split Hem Jeans $179.90 ($269 after) as seen above. I can’t pass up FRAME jeans on sale, and the front split makes it so unique. Nordstrom always has the coolest exclusive pair. If those are a little above your price range, these Side Split Hem jeans are $45.90 ($68 after)! I actually got both! You can size down on both. I’m wearing size 25 in Frame (normally a 26) and size 2 in the Wit & Wisdom.
- I FINALLY got a pair of Topshop JAMIE high rise jeans. You definitely need to size up. They look SO SMALL but stretch a lot. I got the regular ones but considering the ripped ones too! A good pair of high-rise jeans is a wardrobe staple!
- After seeing Heather for our Chic at Every Age shoot, I had to get these Good American uneven hem jeans for $123.90 ($185 after). I’ve been obsessed with high waisted jeans and love the raw and uneven hem of these. Good American has been on my radar for awhile and this is the perfect excuse to try them.
- Since Fall/Winter is coming up, I’ve ordered these Kut from the Cloth grey high-rise skinny jeans for $59.90 ($89.50 after). I love the ankle length which is perfect with boots, sandals, or flats!
- If you’re looking for a pair of boyfriend jeans, these Kut from the Cloth pair have minimal distressing (only one knee) since some of my friends have told me that too many rips = ridiculous for our age and are only $59.90 ($89.50 after)!
- Hands down, the BlankNYC moto jacket is my favorite. I already have the black one $64.90 ($98 after) (seen here and here) and got the metallic one $85.90 ($129 after) this year!! I love the black hardware on it and can’t WAIT to wear it in Fall!!!
- Sorry I’m not sorry for repeating myself about BlankNYC, but their SUEDE moto jacket is phenomenal for $125.90 ($188 after). I missed out last year, but got the grey one this time! This season’s jacket is a little different because it doesn’t have the waist belt. It comes in a grey (which I got), red, and rust color.
- You cannot go wrong with a classic camel coat, and this Lauren Ralph Lauren wool coat for $139.90 ($220 after) is just gorgeous!
- Halogen Long Vest $65.90 I bought a similar version last year at the sale (as seen here), and it is a fabulous topper for any dress to transition from Fall to Winter! It would also be fab with jeans and boots.
- In case you weren’t aware, I’m a bit obsessed with pink and fuzzy things! LOL! So this Kenzie ‘Teddy Bear’ Faux Fur Coat at $129.90 ($198 after) is one that I LOVE. Of course I already have too many pink fuzzy coats, but it also comes in black!
TOPS & SWEATERS
- CHELSEA28 Bell Sleeve Top $58.90. Y’all know I LOVE statement sleeves, and this is so cute in white or blue.
- I LOVE this Topshop balloon sleeve top for $29.90 ($45 after) and have already worn it with jeans and slides (as seen below). It’s the perfect statement tee and would be a great layering piece. The bodice is super soft!
- Still in love with the one shoulder trend, and this Topshop striped top $39.90 ($60 after) and Free People pullover $44.90 ($68 after) are just great for going out or staying casual, respectively.
- Who can ever resist Missoni on sale?! This zig zag poncho is $269.90 ($410 after) would be great as a swim cover up with shorts and can be worn two ways (stripes horizontal or vertical).
- I can’t wait to wear this balloon sleeve sweater with either a pretty skirt for work or with skinny jeans and knee high boots casually. It comes in blush (which I got – what a surprise) or orange!
BAGS & ACCESSORIES
- SONIX Parker sunglasses $79.90 ($120 after) – the milk glass is so fresh but I got the regular tortoise (see above)! These are open frames like the Dior show glasses.
- Okay! So I really have been loving SONIX lately and also got these white tortoise Avalon sunglasses $79.90 ($120 after) to replace my white marble ones from last year (because I
lostleft them in the stroller and they got scratched up). See them on me in the pic below.
- Rebecca Minkoff Metallic Love Crossbody Bag $129.90 ($195 after). Y’all, it’s such a pretty GOLD bag!! You know my obsession with gold, and I think it goes with everything! Plus, this is the look-for-less of the Chanel Boy Bag and it’s so cute!
- You know I can’t pass up a good pair of statement earrings, and these BaubleBar drop earrings (FIVE balls!) for $33.90 ($48 after) are so fun and on trend!
- I also don’t need another choker, but got this Argento Vivo one in gold for $32.90 ($50 after) which can be worn two ways. See one way in the moto jacket pic (above) and another way in the white balloon sleeve top pic (below).
SHOE PRESCRIPTION //
- I am OBSESSED with these VINCE CAMUTA Ankia suede pumps ($79.90, $119.95 after) in tan, black, or mauve suede! I have a similar pair in black (seen here) that I wear ALL THE TIME to work!! This definitely runs big, and I got size 7.5 (normally wear 8.5).
- DOLCE VITA Marra Chelsea bootie $105.90 ($159.95 after). I’m kind of obsessed with the silver leather and white leather, but you can play it safe with the black or grey suede. They would be fab with jeans or a dress! (I got the white but they’re on backorder so I don’t know how the sizing goes!)
- Halogen Oliver Ankle Wrap flat $59.90. Of course, I love the blush leather! These are so stylish and perfect for work OR play with the tassel ties!
- If you still need over-the-knee boots, then these Marc Fisher Arrine OTK boots are $149.90. That is a great deal for OTK leather boots. If you prefer a stilleto heel over the block heel, then these Kendall & Kylie OTK boots are the same price. However, they are material and not leather.
- I’m so LOVING the studded trend! In case you didn’t see on Instagram, I did get this Mercer Edit studded booties for $199 ($299 after) and waiting for these Dolce Vita sandals to come in ($99.90, $149.95 after).
BABY PRESCRIPTION //
- So Little M and Baby MJ got matching pairs of Adidas Dragon kicks ($36.90, $50 after the sale) picked out by Daddy! She got pink, and he got black. They are perfect because they’re velcro and very lightweight. Both kids are comfortable in them and don’t trip because of the shoe. (I’m very conscious of that because Little M has balance problems because of his ear and tends to trip with heavier shoes.)
- Last year, I got Little M this North Face down jacket for $65.90 ($99 after) in one size up and it still fits him this season. It’s a really great warm jacket that isn’t too bulky. Down jackets can be smashed into nothing and fluffed right back up!
- If you have a little one, this North Face fleece bunting onesie is SO convenient. We have one that my brother gave to Baby MJ as a gift, and it’s was really helpful last Winter.
- I’m considering this North Face Reversible Fleece Rain Jacket for Baby MJ. It’s $52.90 ($80 after) and looks really warm. I didn’t see a down jacket for the girls!
- I was OBSESSED with this Babyletto Spruce Tree book shelf before Little M was born ($133.90, $178 after)! I can’t believe they have it for the NSale. We keep going back and forth between splitting up the kids or keeping them together in the same room. It’s hard when she wakes up in the middle of the night because it disturbs him. However, this would be FABULOUS if I did have to decorate another room!
Sorry for the lack of posts this last week! Things were pretty hectic when we got back from Seattle with work. Then, Baby MJ smashed her finger on Tuesday night. Mr. S had to bring her to the ER for x-rays to make sure it wasn’t broken at the growth plate. Also, she got sick in Seattle and we found out she had an ear infection so started antibiotics after a doctor appointment on Thursday. Finally, Mr. S had eye surgery on Friday. I’ve been working on this post since the sale started but couldn’t finish until tonight! Hopefully, y’all had a much calmer week than we did!