Originally, I had a different post scheduled, but I’m obsessed with this line! Warning: If you are tired of hearing about Missoni for Target, then you may want to skip this post!
Every time I think I’m doing well and coming closer to being super organized and having a well edited closet, a collaboration comes and blows up in my face! (Translation: I have no will power.) One of my best gal pals E* got a Missoni dress and matching cardigan for her graduation. She looks absolutely FAB every time she wears it. That FAB image is burned into my brain. So when the news came out about the Missoni for Target collaboration, I was excited. However, I decided to be a “controlled” excited and not like too many things because my closet is busting at the seams. And I am trying to stick with QUALITY over quantity.
Thoughts and Reviews::
- Black and white chevron tank dress :: I got a small in the BW chevron dress – it is gapping in the chest area (bc I don’t have much there) but I would say it runs TTS. It’s made of 48% acrylic/26% nylon/26% rayon. I showed it 3 different ways and I can think of 5 million other permutations with this dress because of the simple shape and color! KEEPER!
- Floppy hat and Ruana :: The hat is 100% wool and looks great in both colors. The Ruana is 40% acrylic, 45% wool, 5% rayon and one size fits all. Do those have to make 3 outfits because they are technically accessories? I really LOVE hats and that ruana is so cool. MAYBE?
- Blue chevron skirt :: The skirt is 100% rayon and has a drawstring waist. It is a little too big for me but I love the feel and design and can adjust a little with the drawstring. If you find one size too big, then you may be able to get away with it. I did 3 quick oufits, although I’m not sure if polka dot and chevron go together! The white tee and skirt would be great with flats/sandals and some kind of necklace. KEEPER!
- Multi-color v-neck sweater :: The multicolor top is 100% polyester (front panel) and 61% rayon/39% cotton (back/sleeves). It is somewhat transparent so you would need to wear a tank under it. I got it in size medium and it seems TTS. It looks great with the chevron skirt and I could wear it with the cobalt blue pants I just got. Could I wear it with grey pants or a skirt? MAYBE?
- Blue chevron dress :: The dress is 78% acrylic/22% nylon. It is lined with a sewn-in slip that is 100% polyester. I found it in XL and tried to belt it. I really want to love this dress because it’s a colorful chevron. It’s a little big but I thought belting it might help. I’m on the fence about this one… RETURN?
Although I was disappointed in myself for losing control, the day ended on a positive note because I had lunch with a wonderful new friend! Divya is so sweet, amazingly smart (hello, she’s an engineer), very fashionable, does a radio talk show, AND is a blogger! WOW right?! You should check out her blog Saved by the Behl (pretty clever because her last name is Behl)! We are obsessed about this collection!
What are your thoughts on which items to keep?? I need help!